Bring Your Tax Records to E & K Tax Service

April 15th IRS Taxes DueIn order to quickly prepare and file your taxes, we need you to bring the appropriate income tax records. Here is a list that will help you in organizing your records. Many of these items may not apply to you. Only bring the records that are applicable to your situation.

If we did not prepare your tax returns last year, then please bring your last year’s Federal and State tax returns.

Income, Wages, and Investment Records (if applicable to you)

  • Social Security cards for you and your dependents
  • Form W-2s for each job you held during the tax year
  • Form 1099s you received
  • Alimony records – received or paid
  • Social security income yearly statement
  • Commission statements you may have received
  • Rental property income and expenses
  • Brokerage account year-end statements
  • Partnership, S Corp, trusts, or estate yearly statements
  • Pension or retirement income statements
  • Unemployment income yearly statement
  • ESPP statements
  • Stock options sale papers
  • State income tax refund statement
  • Lottery winnings (If you won you can deduct losses)

Records of Deductible Expense Items

  • IRA contributions
  • Charitable Giving and Donation receipts
  • State taxes paid
  • Child care expenses and care giver information
  • Medical expenses
  • Car, motor home, and boat registration or receipts
  • Unreimbursed employment-related expenses
  • Job-related educational expenses
  • Casualty or theft losses
  • Foreign taxes paid

Homeowners – If you own, sold or are buying your home, please bring the following:

  • Property tax information
  • Mortgage interest year-end statement
  • Home equity year-end statement
  • If you sold your home, purchase and home improvement information

Business Records

  • All Accounting Records
  • Income and expense reports
  • Balance Sheet
  • Travel Expenses
  • Mileage logs for autos
  • Receipts for business assets purchased

Students – Full time or part time

  • Tuition and education fees
  • Student loan information
  • Grants and scholarship information

If you have any questions, please give us a call at: (313) 292-4640